Tuesday, December 6, 2011
We just purchased some organic, grass fed beef from a local ranch...This was delicious! Thanks Paidom!
2 organic, grass fed Tbone steaks
juice of 1 lemon
1 tsp coconut or olive oil
1 bunch of green onions
1/2 c red wine
2 cups beef stock
sea salt and freshly cracked black pepper
1. Marinate meat at room temp for several hours in lemon, salt and pepper.
2. Brush skillet with oil. Pat steaks dry. Heat pan and cook steaks over med-high heat for about 7 min each side (for med-rare to med). Transfer to plate and store in oven.
3. Add oil and gently saute green onions.
4. Add wine and bring to rapid boil
5. Add stock. boil rapidly and reduce to about 2/3 c. Season to taste.
6. Transfer steaks to individual plates and spoon a little sauce over each.
Caveat: we served with grandma's black eyed peas and fresh bread rolls.