Sunday, December 25, 2011
Chocolate Cake and Chocolate Icing: Vegan and Eat Clean!
We made this yummy cake to celebrate Christmas!! Happy Birthday Jesus!
1 c unbleached flour
1/2 c whole wheat flour
1 c sugar
4 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp cider vinegar
6 Tbsp coconut oil
1 cup water
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. Stir all ingredients into 8x8 cake pan.
3. Bake for 35 minutes, or until inserted toothpick comes out clean.
4. Cool and frost!
2 cups organic powdered sugar
1/4 c soy based butter or margarine (I use Earth Balance)
1/4 c almond or coconut milk
3/4 c unsweetened cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla
1. In a medium/large mixing bowl, cream powdered sugar and butter until thick but well combined, using electric mixer.
2. Add milk, cocoa, vanilla and continue until smooth.
3. Frost that yummy cake and enjoy!