2 Tbsp ground flaxseeds
1 cup almond milk
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
1/4 c water
1/4 c pure maple syrup
1/4 c brown sugar
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp pure vanilla extract
1 1/4 c flour (I mix whole wheat and unbleached white)
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp pumpkin spice or all spice
1-2 cups peeled grated carrots
1/4 c walnuts or pecans (optional)
1. In small mixing bowl, beat flax and milk for 1 min. Add vinegar, water, maple syrup, oil, vanilla. mix well.
2. IN large bowl, sift flour, baking powder, salt, sugar, spices. Make a well in center and ad wet ingredients. Mix until just combined. Fold in carrot and nuts. Let batter rest for at least 5 min.
3. Preheat non stick pan over medium. Lightly coat with spray or oil. Add batter in about 1/4 c scoops (good idea is to use an ice cream scooper). Cook for 3-4 min, then flip and cook until lightly browned.
4. Serve with pure maple syrup.
*to mix it up a bit, this tastes delicious with this icing in place of (or in addition to :) maple syrup...
1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 1/4 c unbleached organic flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 Tbsp ground ginger
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp cloves
1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp allspince
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/2 c coconut oil
3/4 c applesauce
1/4 c stevia
1/2 c brown sugar
2/3 c pure maple syrup
3/4 c almond or coconut milk (like Silk brand) OR 3/4 c Guiness Stout or other dark lager
1 tsp vanilla extract
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup sifted powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla
1 Tbsp water
1/2 Tbsp lemon zest
1. Preheat oven to 350. Lightly oil a bundt pan or 9x9 baking pan
2. Mix dry ingredients, then add applesauce, oil, vanilla, lemon. Stir but do not over combine.
3. Pour into pan and bake 45-60 min until toothpick removes clean. Meanwhile, make icing: combine powdered sugar and vanilla and water, stir well with small spatula until a smooth icing is made.
3. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 min. Invert onto cake dish. Ice and sprinkle with lemon zest.
1 lb organic stew meat or sirloin
1 chopped onion
28 oz diced tomatoes
14-20 oz low sodium vegetable broth
1 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp thyme
1 tsp rosemary
1 tsp ground black pepper
7 c fresh kale
45 oz cannellini beans, drained and rinse if canned
1 Tbsp balsalmic vinegar
1. In slow cooker, stir beef, onion, tomatoes, broth, paprika, thyme, garlic, rosemary and pepper.
2. Cover and cook on how for 6-7 hrs or high for 3-3 1/2 hrs.
3. Stir in kale and beans. Turn heat to high if not already on high. Cover and cook for 30 minutes more. Just before serving, stir in vinegar.
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 cup steel cut oats
1-2 med ripe bananas, sliced
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1 Tbsp stevia
2 tsp pure vanilla extract
1/4 c chopped pecan pieces, toasted
pure maple syrup
1. Add 2 cups of water to pot and bring to boil. Stir in oats and 1 banana, reduce to low and simmer according to package directions (about 10 min)
2. When water has been absorbed and oats are thick, remove from heat and stir in cinnamon, vanilla, and stevia.
3. Serve topped with pecans, banana slices, and maple syrup
1/4 c tequila
1/4 lemon juice
1/2 tsp ground cumin
1/4 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 to 1 whole chopped jalapeño
trimmed pork tenderloin
1 Tbsp lime juice
1 tsp salt
3 cilantro springs
3 peeled avocadoes
2 garlic cloves
1/4 tsp salt
1. Combine tequila, lemon, cumin, red pepper and jalepeno in dish or bag with pork and marinate in fridge for 2 hrs
2. Preheat oven to 350. Boil 4 tomatillas for 2 minutes, drain. Place tomatillos, lime, 1 tsp salt, cilantro, avocados, garlic in food processor and process until smooth.
3. Salt loin with remaining salt or to taste. Brown loin on stove. Place in dish and bake 20 - 30 min or to internal temp of 145. Let stand 3-5 min. Serve with guac.
2 cups white long grain rice, uncooked
1 Tbsp vegan butter
1 Tbsp oil
1/2 white onion, chopped
1 c frozen organic non- GMO corn
14 oz diced tomatoes
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 cups water
salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil and butter.
2. Add rice and sauté, stirring often, until oil is absorbed and golden color.
3. Add onion, garlic, tomatoes, corn, water and bring to boil. Cover and reduce to simmer.
4. Simmer for 20 min or until rice is tender and fluffy