Friday, December 2, 2011
Pork Stir Fry
1-2 cups uncooked brown rice or jasmine rice
8 oz snap peas
1-2 cups broccolli
1 c sliced zucchini
1/3 c chopped onions
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 lb organic pork, trimmed of fat and cup into 1/2" thick strips
1 Tbsp EVOO
3 tsp freshly ground ginger
1/4 c low sodium soy sauce
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
2 Tbsp honey and/or 2 Tbsp brown sugar
1 orange--zest and juice
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut meat and place in marinade of 1 Tbsp soy sauce, 1 Tbsp orange juice, 1 tsp ground ginger, olive oil, salt and pepper to taste. Marinate 1 hour to overnight.
2. Cook rice according to package directions.
3. Fill medium pot halfway with water. Bring to boil. Add peas, reduce heat to simmer, and cook for 5 minutes.
4. Heat coconut oil in sauce pan. Add pork and cook for 3-4 minutes. Turn over and for an additional 3-4 minutes.
5. Meanwhile in large bowl, combine orange juice, orange zest, ginger, soy sauce, salt, honey, brown sugar. Mix well and set aside.
6. Once pork is done, add zucchini, peas, broccolli, onions, garlic, bell peppers and steam over meat to preferred tenderness. Add orange juice mixture and cook on low for an additional 5 min to "set" the flavors. You may add the rice in or simply serve over the rice.