Wednesday, April 16, 2014
1 1/2 lbs grass fed sirloin top steak, sliced thin
salt and pepper to taste
cumin to taste (about 2 Tbsp)
paprika to taste (about 1/2 Tbsp)
3 garlic cloves, chopped/minced
Coconut oil (or other oil)
1 onion, sliced or chopped
3 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced or chopped
1. Season meat with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika.
2. Heat oil over med. Brown meat and remove from pot to set aside.
3. Saute garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.
4. Add tomatoes and sauté a bit longer.
5. Return beef to pot. Nearly cover meat with water.
6. Cook on med for approximately 1 hour, until beef is tender. Add water as needed to keep enough for gravy. When close to done, taste and re-season as needed!
7. Served over rice traditionally. I like it over salad. I have even seen people eat it with an egg over easy for a paleo or low carb option!
Wednesday, April 9, 2014
4 organic boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 Tbsp cumin
1 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper to taste for chicken seasoning
2 Tbsp coconut oil
1 yellow onion, diced
3 garlic cloves
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 yellow bell pepper, diced
1 orange bell pepper, diced
1/2 jalepeno, seeded and finely dashed
1 can diced green chiles
2 cans fire roasted tomatoes (or equivalent of home roasted tomatoes)
2 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp paprika
1 tsp cilantro
40 or so oz chicken stock/broth
crushed plantain chips, or organic corn tortilla chips if not paleo
1. Preheat oven to 375. Place chicken on parchment lined baking sheet and sprinkle with cumin, cayenne, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
2. Bake 20 minutes or so (depending on thickness of breasts). Once cook, cut or shred.
3. While chicken is baking, heat oil in large stock pot over med-high and add garlic to sauté.
4. Add onions, bell pepper, jalepeno, mix to coat in oil. Once onions translucent, add green chiles and tomatoes, plus remaining spices. Mix well.
5. Add chicken and stock. Simmer on low heat for 30 minutes.
6. To serve, garnish with avocado, chips, etc