Wednesday, December 7, 2011
(Baked) Lemon Garlic Chicken Kabobs
This recipe is adapted from: One Perfect Bite and is WONDERFUL!! A definite favorite!
2/3 c EV olive oil
zest 1 lemon
3 Tbsp minced garlic
3 Tbsp chopped fresh parsley
3 tsp sea salt, plus more, to taste
1 tsp fresh group pepper, plus more to taste (and/or lemon pepper)
4-6 organic chicken breasts
1/2 c EV olive oil
juice 1 lemon
1 large red onion, cut into 1" chunks
2 red bell pepper, cut into 1" chunks
1. Chicken- In bowl, whisk oil, zest, garlic, parsley, salt and pepper. Add chicken. Stir. Cover bowl and refrigerate to marinate 2-8 hours.
2. Soak cedar skewers for 20 min prior to cooking. Prepare grill, or preheat oven to 450.
3. In bowl, whisk 1/2 c EVOO, lemon juice, salt, pepper. Set aside.
4. Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinate. Thread chicken and veggies, alternating on skewers. (original recipe is to put on separate skewers; however, I like the mingling of tastes!)
5. Brush skewers with oil/lemon juice mix. Place in preheated oven. Bake at 450 for 15 min. Turn and cook for additional 15 min, or until chicken is cooked through.
I served with an organic cous cous quinoa dish by Good Food Made Simple
Caveat: this can be done on a grill; however, I recommend limited amounts of grilled meat. Meat and meat fat that come into contact with open flames synthesize highly carcinogenic hydrocarbons. Your body can deal with these hydrocarbons in moderation and if it is healthy; therefore, I say, err on the side of caution and limit grilled meats :)