Friday, February 3, 2012
1 c brown rice
1 Tbsp olive or coconut oil
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1/4 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless organic chicken breasts (cubed)
3 Tbsp curry paste
1 c low-sodium, organic, free range chicken broth
1/2 c frozen green peas (do not thaw)
1 Tbsp chopped fresh cilantro
Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper to taste
1. Cook rice according to package
2. Add green onions, onions, garlic to pan over med-high heat. Saute, stirring frequently, about 1 min.
3. Add chicken and cook for several minutes until browned on all sides
4. In separate bowl, whisk curry paste into broth. Add this to pot and bring to simmer, simmering for 5 min and/or chicken is cooked through.
5. Add peas and cook for 3-5 minutes. Remove from heat and season with salt and pepper. Add cilantro and stir in.
6. Serve chicken mixture over rice.
*caveat: not all curry pastes are gluten free! Please read labels carefully!