Sunday, February 5, 2012
Louisiana Sticky Chicken
1 organic free range chicken, cut up
2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
salt and pepper to taste
Water and/or chicken stock
3 Tbsp whole wheat flour (or unbleached white flour or combo)
4 cloves garlic, minced
1. Season cut-up chicken and saute in oil. Brown chicken on all sides until meat pulls away from bone; stir to keep from burning
2. Remove chicken and set aside. Add onion, garlic. Saute about 5-7 min. Add flour and stir well.
3. Continue to stir flour mixture until it begins to stick to pan; return heat to highest setting and saute for 30 seconds.
4. Deglaze by adding water or chicken stock and removing from heat immediately, stirring until pan is clean of stuck residue
5. Add chicken and enough water or stock to cover chicken well. Bring to boil, then turn heat down to simmer until gravy is thick.
6. Serving over rice is most common. We have also served over quinoa cooked in chicken broth and it was delicious, too!