Sunday, February 19, 2012
1 1/2 tsp red curry paste
2 tsp ground cumin
4 cups organic low sodium vegetable broth
1 cup bulgar wheat
1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed
1 large green bell pepper, chopped
1 onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
3 cups cooked kidney beans
1/2 c coconut milk
2 cups tomato puree
2 scallions, chopped
fresh ground black pepper and salt to taste
1. In 4 qt pot, add curry paste and a bit of broth. Mash mixture and stir until no lumps.
2. Saute onions, bell pepper, garlic in mixture, adding broth slowly if needed to prevent burning.
3. Add broth, bulghur, potato. Set over high heat and bring to a boil. Cover tightly, reduce heat to med-low and cook fo r10 min
4. Add coconut milk and tomato puree to pot and stir. Cook, uncovered, at least 10 minutes, until bulghur and sweet potato is tender and chili is thick.
5. Stir in scallions and black pepper and serve.