Sunday, February 19, 2012
Chicken and Potato Soup
1-2 lbs organic chicken breasts
8 cups water
8 medium russet potatoes
2 medium onions, chopped
1-2 cups organic corn (we choose organic corn because non-organic corn is genetically modified)
1/3 cup chives
salt to taste
1/3 c flour
1 1/2 c almond milk
1. Season chicken with salt and Cajun seasoning. Place water, onion and chicken in pot. Boil, reduce to simmer. Cook over med heat for 1 hour.
2. Add potatoes and boil for 10-15 min until soft.
3. Remove chicken and potatoes. Add corn and chives and cook for 10 min.
4. Meanwhile, cut chicken into small peices and mash a few of the potatoes into small course chunks, to preference.
5. Return potatoes and chicken to pot. Season to taste again.
6. In separate pot, combine flour and milk. Bring to boil, stirring constantly, until thick. Add to pot.
7. Season with parsley and chives before serving.