Saturday, February 4, 2012
1 poblano pepper, stemmed, halved, seeded
5 tomatillos, husked and rinsed
1/2 jalapeno pepper, stemmed, halved, seeded
15 small sprigs cilantro
1/4 white onion
2 cloves garlic
sea salt, to taste
4-6 Tortillas, eat clean
Shredded Monterey Jack cheese blend or non-dairy cheese shreds
2 boneless, skinless, organic free range chicken breasts (if you are not using organic, the breasts will be larger, and 2 breasts will likely be too much meat, so you may want to use less!)
3 green onions, chopped
1. In med saucepan, bring 3 cups water to boil. Add tomatillos and poblano and cook for 5 min. Add jalapeno and cook until all are tender, about two minutes.
2. Using slotted spoon, transfer mix to blender. Ad 1/4 c cooking liquid, onion, cilantro and garlic. Puree until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Arrange tortillas on a workspace. Sprinkle cheese, arrange turkey on top of cheese, and add a sprinkle of green onion. Fold in half.
4. In large skillet, cook on both sides over medium heat until golden brown and cheese melted.
5. Cut quesadillas in 4 wedges and serve with salsa. We ate this with Mexican barley!
Caveat: I recommend cooking the chicken with the following seasonings: chili powder, cumin, paprika, salt, pepper.