Monday, November 14, 2011
Puree of Celery Soup
1 lb fresh celery
1 medium russet potato
olive or coconut oil
1 clove garlic, minced
1/2 onion, chopped
1 yellow bell pepper, chopped
1/2 c. dry white wine
2 qts vegetable or chicken stock
Salt and ground white pepper to taste
1. Cut celery into small pieces.
2.Peel and cut potato into small chunks (about the same size as the celery)
3. In soup pot, heat oil over med to low heat.
4. Add onion, bell pepper, garlic, and celery and cook about 5 minutes, until veggies are slightly soft.
5. Add wine and cook for another minute or two until wine reduces by half.
6. Add stock and potato, and a bit of salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Lower heat and simmer about 15 min until celery and potatoes are soft, but not mushy.
7. Puree in blender. Return to pot and simmer again to desired thickness.
8. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Caveat: when pureeing, be very careful, as hot steam can sometimes blow the top off! Start on slow speed with the lid slightly ajar to let heat and steam escape...
I thought this was delicious all by itself. My husband recommended clean eating crackers. My girls LOVED this served over brown rice!