Marinara: (if you opt for an easier version, there are some good organic premade marinaras you can buy :) but this sauce is WONDERFUL!)
1/2 onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
1 med zucchini, sliced
3 large tomatoes
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 summer squash, sliced
1 can of tomato paste + can of water
freshly ground pepper
1 clean, allergen free pizza crust
*1 bag organic shredded mozzarella and some freshly grated parmesan cheese
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2 Tbs EV olive oil
* we prepare half of our pizza dairy free using Daiya dairy free mozzarella shreds
1. Preheat oven to 450. Saute onion and minced garlic over med heat until onions soft and transparent.
2. In ziploc bag, add zucchini, squash, bell pepper, olive oil, salt, crushed garlic. Toss to coat.
3. Place vegetables in a single layer on baking sheet and roast for 10-15 min.
4. Meanwhile, process tomatoes, tomato paste, water, sauteed onion and garlic, basil, oregano, salt and pepper in food processor until smooth.
5. Pre-cook pizza crust as directed.
6. Spread tomato sauce on the crust. Top with cheeses (or cheese substitute), vegetables.
7. Bake until cheese melts, about 10 minutes.