1 large orange, juiced
1 lime, juiced
1 tbsp coconut or extra virgin olive oil
2-3 garlic cloves, minced
1 habenero pepper, seeded and finely minced
1 tbsp fresh cilantro, finely chopped
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp sea salt
2 pounds skirt or flank steak, trimmed of fat and sliced into fajita strips
1 green bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 yellow bell pepper, thinly sliced
1 red onion, thinly sliced
1 tsp coconut or extra virgin olive oil
12 ‘clean’ tortillas
‘clean’ sour cream and guacamole
homemade salsa if desired
- In a small bowl, whisk together the first 8 ingredients. Place the steak in a shallow container and pour the marinade over it.
- Refrigerate, covered, for 8 hours or overnight to tenderize meat.
- Remove the meat from the marinade (keep meat in the marinade only if using the alternative preparation).
- Place the meat, onions, and bell peppers on a preheated grill and cook to your desired ‘doneness’.
- To serve, spread 1 tbsp guacamole and sour cream on a tortilla, top with a few slices of steak, peppers and onions. Add salsa. Roll up the tortilla. Delish.