Who doesn't love good beef jerky? And who wants the extra chemicals? Thanks to Autoimmune Paleo Cookbook and Action Plan, I can have my jerky and eat it too!
3 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
2 Tbsp local organic honey
2 Tbsp water
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 tsp garlic powder
1 tsp dried thyme
2 lbs beef, such as London broil
1. Mix vinegar, honey, water, salt, garlic powder, and thyme in bowl. Set aside.
2. Slice beef very thinly across the grain, about 1/8 inch thick.
3. Transfer meat slices to marinade. Toss to coat and place in fridge for 2 hours to a day.
4. Remove meat and lay strips on paper-towel- lined plate and pat dry. Line a large baking tray with foil and place on bottom rack of oven. Move top rack to highest position.
5. Thread beef pieces about 1" apart on wooden skewers, so that each skewer has about 7 pieces dangling from it.
6. Set skewers on top rack in oven so beef strips dangle between the bars. Repeat until all beef strips in oven.
7. Turn oven on to between 180-200 degrees. Prop door open about 2" and cook until turnkey is dry, about 8 hours.
8. Remove from skewers and let cool completely. Store in sealed container for up to 1 month in fridge.