Monday, November 2, 2015
Chicken Nuggets the Paleo Way
After years of adventuring with diet, exercise, and more, I FINALLY have an answer. I have an auto-immune disease called Hashimoto's, which affects your thyroid. So, this was the first of the recipes I attempted on AIP (Auto-immune paleo) and it was delicious!
4 Tbsp Arrowroot powder
1/2 tsp sea salt
1/8 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1 c organic coconut milk
2 cups shredded, unsweetened coconut
About 3 lbs of boneless, skinless organic chicken (I used a mix of breasts and thighs), cut into strips
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside
2. Mix arrowroot and seasonings into a small bowl. Pour coconut milk into a separate small bowl. Place the coconut on a plate.
3. Pat the chicken dry with a paper towel.
4. Dredge a chicken strip in arrowroot mixture, dip it into the coconut milk, then dredge it in the shredded coconut.
5. Place the coated strips on the baking sheet. Repeat until all chicken is breaded.
6. Lightly brush with olive oil, then baked until chicken is cooked through and coconut is golden, turning once, about 25 minutes