The last of the 10 oils to highlight in the Everyday Oils Collection is Tea tree oil. Aka Melaleuca Alternifolia. This bad boy is both powerful and gentle. It is commonly used for:
1. Acne: Make a face wash with 5 drops of Tea Tree and 2 tsp of raw honey, leave on 1 minute and rinse. Or add to your current natural face wash or cleanser.
2. Expectorant: Aids the body in breaking up mucus
3. Mouth rinse: Naturally promotes healthy teeth and cleanses well
4. Hair help: Soothes dry and flaky skin, eliminates dandruff, and repels lice!
5. Household cleaner: Makes a nice homemade cleaner- In a glass spray bottle, add 1/2 cup white vinegar, 3 cups water, 10 drops of tea tree and 5 drops of lemon. Shake well.
6. Fungus and ringworms: Apply undiluted to area (unless a young child or with very sensitive skin). Repeat 3 x per day
7. Warts: Dab a cotton swab in tea tree oil and apply to the area once per day for 10 days
8. Deodorant: great for eliminating odors, add to whipped coconut oil and baking soda to use as a deodorant
9. Rashes: Dilute and add to rashes to eliminate itchiness and promote healing
10. Ticks: Just add a drop and the sucker will usually come right off!
11. Breathing: Diffuse several drops in a diffuser for relief with breathing difficulties
Now remember, not all oils are created equal. I can only speak for and the only oil company I recommend is Young Living. Please do not attempt to purchase this oil from a retail store. Most essential oils sold in stores is a completely different formula that is at best diluted and at worst adulterated. You can purchase any of these therapeutic grade oils from Young Living as a retail customer, but it is a much better value to purchase it as a wholesale member (24% less in fact)! This one is even included in the Young Living Essential Oils Premium Start Kit. For my story on getting started with oils, as well as more information on purchasing from Young Living, check this post out.
If you would like to sign up as a wholesale member or distributor under Ericka Soileau, visit YoungLiving.com, click on Sign Up and follow directions. Use # 2694668 as your enroller and sponsor # and/or contact email@example.com for more information.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.