I have been highlighting the 10 Young Living Oils from the Everyday Oil Collection that is included with the Premium Starter kit. This is, by far, the best way to get started with essential oil, as the kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, free samples to share, and lots of information. Click here to get started on your very own essential oils journey!
Is there a more delicious and refreshing smell than Young Living's Peppermint oil? I love that it smells like the real peppermint plant, rather than a fake sweet candy smell...more earthy. And I love it for so much more:
1. Fever reducer: Peppermint oil has natural cooling effects. Mix with coconut oil and rub on the child's neck and on the bottom of the feet
2. Appetite suppressant: Diffuse or inhale during the desire to snack or before a meal.
3. Headaches: Rub one drop on the temples, forehead, over the sinuses, on the back of the neck. Be sure to avoid the eyes (with this and any other essential oil)
4. Seasonal allergies: Use this in the allergy trio for seasonal discomfort. Combine with 3 drops each of Peppermint, Lavender, and Lemon in a capsule and take daily, or diffuse.
5. Concentration: Place 2 drops on the tongue, rub a drop under the nose to improve concentration and alertness. Great for a long drive!
6. Soothe an upset stomach: Inhale or rub on the abdomen for a minor stomachache.
7. BAKING!: Oh yes, use peppermint oil to add flavor to your favorite desserts. Takes wonderful in brownies...
8. Poison Ivy relief: Dilute with a carrier oil (like coconut oil) and massage into affected area for relief
9. Sinus care: Inhale diffused peppermint oil to unclog your sinuses and relieve scratchy throats. It can act as an expectorant and may also relieve coughs and asthma as well.
10. Stomach ache: This oil can be taken internally in a capsule form, and has been effective at treating irritable stomach issues
11. Tired, achy feet: For tired feet, add a few drops with epsom salt to a foot bath to relieve sore, swollen, overworked feet
Now remember, not all oils are created equal. I can only speak for and the only oil company I recommend is Young Living. Please do not attempt to purchase this oil from a retail store. Most essential oils sold in stores is a completely different formula that is at best diluted and at worst adulterated. You can purchase any of these therapeutic grade oils from Young Living as a retail customer, but it is a much better value to purchase it as a wholesale member (24% less in fact)! This one is even included in the Young Living Essential Oils Premium Start Kit. For my story on getting started with oils, as well as more information on purchasing from Young Living, check this post out.
If you would like to sign up as a wholesale member or distributor under Ericka Soileau, visit YoungLiving.com, click on Sign Up and follow directions. Use # 2694668 as your enroller and sponsor # and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.