Thursday, April 9, 2015

It was only a matter of time...Essential Oils


Well, I suppose it was bound to happen. We have been cleaning up our food, cleaning up our house, supporting local farmers, sustainable practices, avoiding GMO, eating organic and all the like. It has become a passion to respect the goodness of God's design and try to live as close to natural as we can in this synthetic world. I am a natural birth proponent, and have always felt that God has designed our bodies to birth naturally, often with minimal medical interference, induction, etc. I thank God for modern medicine when this is not possible, and when emergencies arise. Otherwise, in normal, healthy situations, the Lord designed our bodies for incredible things. So, it wasn't such a leap for me to begin to realize that modern pharmaceuticals are much the same...thank God for them because they help us so much! But, it seems the medical field is in crisis and the over-prescribing, over-medicating, etc is becoming detrimental to our health. I have found that just as God has created our bodies for amazing things, he has also created the world full of wonderful, natural aids to our health! Hence, essential oils. 

I just moved from one state to another, and a wonderful friend that I met at church had an essential oils class at her house. Since then, I have been using and learning so much about essential oils. Unfortunately, with the time of year, the construction going on in our new home, etc, we have had a few sicknesses, and have been getting over them so well and fast using essential oils. I have been amazed. I had tried essential oils before- things I got at health food stores, etc, with no luck. 

At this class, I learned that FDA says you can call something pure or organic essential oil, and it have only 5% of that actual oil. That means that 95% could be those nasty chemical fillers! No wonder they did nothing. At the class, I learned about why they recommeded Young Living...they have been providing therapeutic grade essential oils for 20+ yrs, and are actually being used in various medical and university studies, as well as in some hospitals to combat MRSA. Further, just like I like to know where our food is coming from, Young Living offers the same promise- they have their own farms and a tight supply chain, with a seed to seal guarantee. I feel confident I am getting a pure and unadulterated oil that is manufactured for therapeutic use, not just for smell. All oils are not created equal!

I also always thought there was no science behind it, and as I am reading about that side of things, it really amazes me how God truly created this world in such an amazing way with these naturally occurring plants and herbs that are making huge differences in the world, in our health, medically. On average, each essential oil contains over 100  medical components with more being discovered every day! 


I can't help but sharing our story, and am getting asked about how to get started with essential oils. Well, thankfully, Young Living has a set of basic common-use oils, called the Everyday Oils collection.  Here is a great video 101 class that discusses these oils and getting started. This is where I began, and where I recommend starting your journey. I love this 101 video about essential oils, descriptions of some of the oils, etc.



What Comes in the Premium Starter Kit

  • 10 full 5ml bottles of essential oils (not just samples folks!) including Lavender, Peppermint, Lemon, Tea Tree, Frakincense, PaAway, Thieves, Purification, Stress Away, and Joy 
  • A home diffuser (retail value alone on this one is $96)
  • Essential oils user’s guide
  • Citrus Fresh 5-ml BONUS!
  • AromaGlide Roller Fitment (to turn any oil into a roll on)
  • Two sample packets each of Lavender, Peppermint, Peace & Calming, Lemon, and Thieves (for you to share with your friends!)
  • two NingXia Red 2-oz. samples (this is a great supplement for energy)


Here's a great tutorial video on how to enroll.

My member name and number is Ericka Soileau 2694668  You will need this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment