I have been highlighting the 10 Young Living Oils from the Everyday Oil Collection that is included with the Premium Starter kit. This is, by far, the best way to get started with essential oil, as the kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, free samples to share, and lots of information. Click here to get started on your very own essential oils journey!
I can't stop sharing all my oily stories, and keeping track of all the wonderful testimonials we have here with essential oils. I am loving and learning constantly about the oils in my Young Living Premium Starter Kit.
I am so in love with lavender. I love the way it smells. I love its versatility. I love the way it makes me feel! And because it is one of the most common and the most versatile oils, I thought this is a great oil to share about first with all of you!
My favorite uses of lavender:
1. Cuts, scrapes, and burns: For the little ones, I dilute 5 drops in 2 TBSP of coconut oil and keep in an old jelly jar to put on the inevitable cuts and scrapes. It brings relief, stops bleeding, kills bacteria, cleans the wound, and promotes healing
2. Detox and relaxation bath: Place 1/2 to 1 full cup epsom salt and 2 TBSP baking soda to the bottom of the bath tub. Add about 5 drops of Lavender Oil and stir around. Add warm water, climb in and relax!
3. Rashes: Add 2-3 drop (diluted if on children) to the rash to stop itching and support healing
4. Calm an excited pet: Rub a few drops of Lavender Oil to your pet's collar. Our dog really needs this during thunderstorms!
5. Insomnia: Mix with purified water and spritz onto pillow, or rub 1 drop onto your palm and apply to pillow to help with sleep
6. Allergies: As a single oil, swipe inside cheek or place a drop under the tongue for allergies. Beat the seasonal congestion with the allergy trio: combine 3 drops each of lavender, peppermint, and lemon in a glass of water. Drink one glass 3 times per day. You could also diffuse this mix of oils.
7. Stress and mood: Lavender is naturally calming. Apply directly to wrists, back of neck, inhale from bottle, or diffuse
8. Sunburn relief: Combine 1 oz purified water, 4 drops of lavender oil, 1 drop peppermint oil and a tsp (or more for the kiddos) of Aloe Vera. Apply to sunburned skin.
9. Cold sores: Put 1 drop on a cold sore to promote healing
10. Immune booster: place a drop in a TBSP of honey and consume
11. Bee sting or bug bite: Put a drop of lavender to reduce itching and swelling
12. Nausea or motion sickness: To alleviate the symptoms of motion sickness, place a drop of Lavender oil on the end of the tongue, behind the ears, or around the navel.
13. Dandruff: Rub a drop of oil on the scalp to eliminate dandruff.