I have been highlighting the 10 Young Living Oils from the Everyday Oil Collection that is included with the Premium Starter kit. This is, by far, the best way to get started with essential oil, as the kit includes 11 oils, a home diffuser, free samples to share, and lots of information. Click here to get started on your very own essential oils journey!
Today, I am highlighting Joy! This is a blend including Lemon, Rose, Roman Chamomile, Jasmine, Ylang Ylang, Bergamot and more!! Most of these oils are known for their uplifting and mood improving qualities.
It has a very floral aroma, and I find it lovely. If I am not wearing my Stress Away as perfume, then I am wearing Joy! I was always a sceptic in terms of essential oils and mood enhancement. And then I read:
Because the limbic system is directly connected to those parts of the brain that control heart rate, blood pressure, breathing, memory, stress levels, and hormone balance, essential oils can have profound physiological and psychological effects… Olfactory responses to odors induce the brain to stimulate the release of hormones and neurochemicals that in turn alter the body’s physiology and behavior.
Essential Oil Desk Reference, 4th Edition
Having a doctorate in physical therapy, I am about all things of science and anatomy. Learning about how essential oils affect the limbic system and other areas of the brain and body has truly been fascinating.
1. Bring joy: Rub a drop on your wrists, neck, over your heart.
2. Low back pain: Mix 1-2 drops with 1 TBSP of coconut or other carrier oil and apply to low back once per day.
3. Alleviate menstrual cramps: Rub 2 drops of Joy directly over abdomen. You can also top with a warm compress for added benefit.
4. Brighten the day: Diffuse 2-5 drops and improve the mood of the household.
5. Improve circulation: Massage 2-3 drops of Joy into an area to aid circulation
6. Natural car freshener: Add a few drops to a cotton ball and clip to the A/C output vent to add a nice scent and uplift of mood in the car
7. Baby blues: Diffuse or inhale postpartum to improve those baby blues or other times of low moods
8. Massage: Combine with a carrier oil for an excellent and happy massage
9. Reduce stress: Calm your body naturally and combat stress by applying on the wrists or inhaling
10. Increase woman's libido: Especially when combined with Idaho blue spruce, but even all on it's own, this wonderful oil can boost libido naturally