Tuesday, February 11, 2014
Hungarian Beef Goulash over Spaghetti Squash
1 Tbsp coconut oil
1 lb beef stew meat, grass-fed
2 medium onions
1 red bell pepper
2 garlic cloves
3 Tbsp paprika (or adjusted to your taste)
2 tsp caraway seeds
1 can chopped tomatoes or fresh
3 cups beef stock
salt and pepper to taste
1. Preheat oven to 400. Heat oil in pot. Season beef lightly. Brown cubed beef.
2. Cut spaghetti squash in half lengthwise. Remove seeds. Place shell down on pan. (optional- sprinkle with salt and olive oil). Bake at 400 for 45 min.
3. Meanwhile, once beef is browned, remove beef from pot and sauté onions, garlic and bell pepper to soften, about 8 min on med heat
4. Return beef to pot and add spices, tomatoes and stock. Bring to boil.
5. Reduce heat to low and simmer until meat is tender and sauce has thickened, about 1 1/2 to 2 hours. Adjust seasonings as needed.
6. Serve over spaghetti squash.