Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Thai Green Curry Chicken
1 cup jasmine rice
2 Tbsp coconut oil
3 Tbsp green curry paste (less if you are not up for strong flavor)
1 cup low-fat thai coconut milk (canned)
1/2 c low sodium, organic, free range chicken broth
1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 1/2 c snap peas, halved on diagonal
2 Kaffir lime leaves (optional) can also replace with lime juice
2 Tbsp fresh basil leaves
2 tsp fish sauce
1 tsp raw sugar
2 green onions, thinly sliced
1. Prepare rice according to package.
2. When rice is about 20 min from being done, heat oil in skillet over medium high. Add curry paste and cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 1 min
3. Stir in coconut milk and broth and bring to boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer for 2 min.
4. Add snap peas, carrots, and lime leaves.
5. Cover and simmer until chicken is cooked through and vegetables are tender. Stir in basil and cook and additional min.
6. Stir in sugar and fish sauce just before serving