Wednesday, April 25, 2012
Garlic-Rosemary Roast Chicken
10 cloves garlic, finely chopped
3 Tbsp fresh rosemary, finely chopped
1/2 Tbsp salt
1 organic roasting chicken
2 lemon, sliced
1. Heat oven to 400. Lightly coat a roasting pan with oil.
2. Combine garlic, rosemary, salt in bowl. Remove giblets and neck from chicken and trim fat.
3. Starting at the neck cavity, gently loosen skin from breasts and drumsticks; spread rosemary mixture evenly under skin. Squeeze one lemon half over chicken. Season with salt and black pepper to taste. Stuff chicken cavity with 1/4 chopped onion and 2 lemon slices from one lemon. (Reserve one lemon for later)
4. Tuck wing tips under back of chicken. Tie ends of drumsticks together with twine. Place breast side up in pan
5. Roast, basting twice with juices, until meat thermometer reads 175, about 2 hours, or until there is no pink or blood when pulling chicken away from bone. Let stand 10 min. Just before carving, squeeze juice of reserved lemon over chicken. Garnish with rosemary and lemon slices if desired