Sunday, January 8, 2012
1 cup unbleached flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp ginger
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1 flax egg (1 Tbsp flax +3 Tbsp water)
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup applesauce
2 Tbsp oil
1 cup zucchini, chopped fine
1 tsp vanilla
1 banana, smashed
hearty handful of raisins (optional)
1/2 cup almond milk
1. Preheat oven to 375. Spray pan lightly with cooking spray.
2. Combine flax and water, stir and set aside. Place flour, baking powder, salt, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, and nutmeg into a bowl. Stir to combine and set aside
3. Place flax egg, sugar, applesauce, oil, zucchini, smashed banana, and vanilla in mixing bowl, and mix on medium low until all ingredients are incorporated.
4. Add flour mixture, stirring until just combined. Place batter into pan.
5. Bake 20-25 minutes or until browned and toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Caveat: can also make as muffins, but will need to decrease baking time to 16-18 minutes! You can also add toasted nuts (almonds or pecans would work perfect!)