Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Beef Stir Fry
1 cup quinoa
1 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
1 yellow onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 each yellow, orange, red and green bell pepper
1 lb lean organic, grass fed beef, such as tenderloin, trimmed of fat and cut into strips
1 cup organic, low sodium, beef broth
2 Tbsp chopped fresh basil
sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste
1. Roast red pepper. Chopped rest of bell peppers. (you could also roast 1/2 or all of the yellow bell pepper, which is also quite tasty roasted!) Season beef to preference with salt and pepper.
2. Cook quinoa according to package directions.
3. Heat oil over medium-higgh, add onion, garlic, peppers, and saute. Once soft, add roasted peppers and beef. Cook over same heat, stirring frequently, about another 5 min.
4. Add broth and bring to simmer. Simmer until steak tender and cooked through.
5. Remove from heat and season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve over quinoa