Friday, January 13, 2012
Linguine with Spicy Shrimp Sauce
2 Tbsp coconut or olive oil
4 cloves garlic
1/4 onion, chopped
1/2 tsp red pepper flakes (I chopped some local Anaheim red pepper that was dried)
3 Tbsp tomato paste (originally, I planned to use sun-dried tomato paste, but
accidentally grabbed the wrong thing at the grocery. bummer. would have been
even better with sun-dried tomato paste!)
15 oz tomatoes
1 tsp salt
black and cayenne pepper to taste
1 tsp parsley
2 tsp oregano
1 oz wine vinegar (can use organic chicken or vegetable broth or white wine to sub)
1 lb fresh, wild shrimp (peeled, de-veined, heads and tails removed)
8 oz whole grain linguine
1. Smash garlic and chop (smashing garlic releases some of the flavor).
2. Heat medium pot over medium heat. Add oil, once hot add garlic, onion, and red pepper flakes. Heat until garlic sizzles and onion becoming soft.
3. Meanwhile, cook pasta according to directions
4. Add tomato paste, stir to combine and let cook for about 1 minute. Add chopped tomatoes. Cook over low heat for 15 minutes.
5. Add wine vinegar, and cook for additional minute.
6. Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turns pink.
7. All done, voila! Serve sauce over noodles and ENJOY!
_caveat: opt for gluten free pasta!