Wednesday, December 4, 2013
Chicken with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Feta
1 8 oz jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp oregano
feta cheese (optional)
1. Remove sun dried tomatoes from jar, draining oil, but reserving 1 Tbsp of it. Lay tomatoes on cutting board and press gently with paper towel to absorb some of the oil; discard towel. Finely chop tomatoes and set aside.
2. Pour reserved Tbsp of oil from tomato jar into skillet over med high heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 min.
3. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano and sauté about 15 min, taking care to cook until there is no pink, but not allowing it to stick.
4. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and stir to combine, cooking until heated through, about 1 min.
5. Serve chicken and tomatoes topped with feta cheese if desired.