Tuesday, July 9, 2013
Crispy Chicken Sandwich (Eat Clean)
1/3 c nonfat plain Greek yogurt (or non-dairy yogurt for those with milk allergies/lactose intolerant)
3 Tbsp fresh dill
1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
sea salt and black pepper (about 1/2 tsp each divided)
Milk or non-dairy milk (I used almond milk)
1 tsp Dijon mustartd
1 c whole wheat panko bread crumbs
1/3 c whole wheat flour
4 4 oz boneless, skinless, chicken cutlets
1 Tbsp oil (coconut or olive)
4 thin whole-grain sandwich buns, toasted
1 cup watercress, trimmed
1/2 cucumber, thinly sliced
2 jarred roasted red peppers, drained and sliced
1. Preheat oven to 350. In small bowl, whisk yogurt, dill, and lemon juice. Season with about 1/4 tsp salt and pepper.
2. In separate bowl, mix milk and Dijon mustard. Transfer panko to plate. Transfer flour to a second plate.
3. Dredge each chicken in flour, shake off excess, then in milk. Press into panko and transfer to a baking tray or plate.
4. *Optional: brown in nonstick skillet and transfer to baking pan.
5. Place into oven and bake for 15-20 min until golden brown.
6. Assembled sandwiches- Split buns and spred yogurt mix on both sides, layer with 1 chicken cutlet, watercress and cucumbers, and roasted peppers. Cover with top half of bun...ENJOY!