Monday, January 6, 2014
Greek Roasted Chicken
4 1/2 to 5 lb chicken
1 lemon, halved
6-8 garlic bulbs
1. Preheat oven to 400 deg. Remove giblets from chicken.
2. Stuff chicken with lemon and 4 or so whole cloves of garlic, skin removed.
3. Generously sprinkle chicken with sea salt, parsley, and pepper. Place chicken breast side up in roasting pan with small amount of oil to prevent sticking
4. Cut the remaining tops of the garlic bulbs to expose the cloves and set aside.
5. Roast bird uncovered in preheated oven for 45 min. Add the garlic bulbs to the roasting pan next to the chicken and cook for another 45 min to 1 hour. Eat with roasted garlic spread on the pieces of chicken (or bread if desired).