Friday, March 9, 2012
Louisiana Sauce Piquante
2 lbs beef and/or pork (or cut roast)
2 links Cajun sausage
3 cloves garlic
1. Season meat with preferred seasoning: salt, pepper, Cajun seasonings
2. Brown meat and sausage.
3. Remove meat and sausage from pot
4. Saute onions and garlic in oil
5. Add rotel. Return meat to pot
6. Add water to just cover meat. Cook until meat is tender, at least 45 min
7. Serve over rice
*caveat: you can clean this up by not using Rotel, but it DEFINITELY doesn't taste the same :) You can also serve over quinoa if you are not a fan of rice.
Also, I use Cajun sausage, made from fresh venison and pork, smoked in my uncle's back yard. All true cajun style. That is not available at the local grocer. That being said, I tried it with store bought sausage, and it was not the same, but not too bad.