1 cup flour
1 stick butter
1 Tbsp icing sugar
1 free range egg yolk
1 Tbsp cold water
5 free range eggs
3/4 c heavy cream
1 1/2 cups sugar
4 lemons, juice
zest of 1 lemon
icing sugar, for dusting
1. For pastry: place flour, butter, icing sugar into a food processor or work by had until the mix resembles breadcrumbs. Then add egg yolk and water
2. Continue working (or pulse food processor) until the mixture sticks together in clumps, then tip onto a work surface and gather it into a ball with your hands. Knead the pastry just two or three times to make smooth. Wrap in saran wrap, place in fridge, chill about 15 minutes to re-cool the butter.
3. Grease tart pan, and dust with flour. Roll out the pastry thin and larger than tart tin size. Place onto tart tin and gently fold the pastry surrounding the tin base in towards the center. It should slightly overhang the rim. Lightly prick with fork, but not all the way through.
4. Place the apstry and tin on a baking tray, cover loosely with foil if desired. Cover with parchment paper and add beans or cooking weights. Blind bake at 400 degrees for 12 minutes until the pastry is set. Remove from oven, remove parchment paper and beans, and return to oven for an additional 10-12 minutes. It should be pale golden and completely dry. Reduce oven temp to 325. Carefully trim the excess pastry from the sides using a sharp knife.
5. For the filling, break the eggs into a large bowl and whisk. Add the rest of filling and whisk again until well- combined. Pour into cooled pastry crust. To prevent spilling, pour in the oven. Bake 30-40 minutes until set with just a slight wobble in the center.
6. Leave to cool, and when pastry is firm enough, remove from the tin.Transfer to serving plate and served, dusted with sifted icing sugar.