1 Tbsp coconut oil
4 slices of bacon (optional)
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
1-2 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
1 Granny Smith apple
2 cups chicken broth
1/c cup of coconut milk
Gorgonzola cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil and cook bacon to crispy. Remove from pot and set aside. Add onion and garlic, saute until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add seasonings and cook for 1 minute. Add squash, apple, broth, salt. Cover lid and bring to boil.
3. Return heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.
4. Add coconut milk and combine. Transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth, working in batches as needed.
5. Serve warm with crushed bacon and gorgonzola cheese on top if desired.