Wednesday, October 15, 2014
Chewy Sugar Cookies (Vegan)
1 c unbleached flour
1 1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1 c sucanat or raw sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
1/4 c non-dairy plain or vanilla yogurt (I used So Delicious Greek coconut milk vanilla yogurt)
1 Tbsp cornstarch
6 Tbsp vegan butter (I use Earth Balance)
1/3 c coconut oil
1 Tbsp non-dairy milk (I used Almond Coconut milk blend)
1-2 tsp vanilla extract (pure vanilla)
cinnamon to sprinkle on top (optional)
1. In a medium bowl, whisk flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt.
2. In a large bowl, whisk sugar, yogurt, cornstarch, melted butter, oil, milk, vanilla
3. Pour dry into wet ingredients and stir to combine. Cover dough and chill in fridge for at least one hour.
4. Preheat oven to 350 deg and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
5. Roll cookie dough balls and flatten slightly. Sprinkle with cinnamon (or sprinkles ;)
6. Bake for 10 min or until bottoms are brown.