Wednesday, April 16, 2014
Carne Bistec (Columbian Steak with Onions and Tomatoes)
1 1/2 lbs grass fed sirloin top steak, sliced thin
salt and pepper to taste
cumin to taste (about 2 Tbsp)
paprika to taste (about 1/2 Tbsp)
3 garlic cloves, chopped/minced
Coconut oil (or other oil)
1 onion, sliced or chopped
3 vine ripe tomatoes, sliced or chopped
1. Season meat with salt, pepper, cumin, paprika.
2. Heat oil over med. Brown meat and remove from pot to set aside.
3. Saute garlic and onion until soft and fragrant.
4. Add tomatoes and sauté a bit longer.
5. Return beef to pot. Nearly cover meat with water.
6. Cook on med for approximately 1 hour, until beef is tender. Add water as needed to keep enough for gravy. When close to done, taste and re-season as needed!
7. Served over rice traditionally. I like it over salad. I have even seen people eat it with an egg over easy for a paleo or low carb option!