Dare I say it again? Here comes another of my favorites of the Everyday Oil Collection. The key here is "everyday." Because I seriously use it that often. Lemon essential oil is another versatile and amazing little creation of our Lord!
But here's another reason why I am a *little* obsessed with it: Lemon oil consists of 68 percent dlimonene, which is an extremely powerful antioxidant. It is delightfully refreshing in water and very good for you. Because most American’s have very acidic bodies and diseases like cancer have been found to thrive in acidic conditions, lemon oil helps by neutralizing the acidity when ingested. Lemon water made with essential oils is A THOUSAND TIMES better for you than a lemon squeezed into your beverage. Why? Lemon essential oil is cold-pressed from the rinds of thousands of lemons.
Here are some other of my favorite uses:
1. Natural cleaner: add a few drops to water and clean away! Put this in a GLASS spray bottle to clean and sanitize surfaces.
2. Veggie and fruit wash: Submerge your fruit in purified water and add 2-3 drops of lemon. (Make sure it is a therapeutic grade essential oil like Young Living)
3. Stain remover: Add a few drops directly to stain and rub, or add 10-15 drops directly to wash water
4. Constipation: Dilute 1 drop in 5-10 drops coconut oil and massage clockwise over abdomen
5. Furniture polish: Add a few drops to olive oil
6. Runny nose: Rub lemon oil on the outside of your nostrils to dry up a runny nose.
7. Natural goo-gone: Use 1-2 drops to remove gum, oil, sticker residue, grease spots, glue, crayons, and more!
8. Cellulite: Massage lemon essential oil into cellulite to help improve circulation and eliminate waste from cells
9. Quick pick me up: Inhale lemon oil or place a few drops on a cotton ball to replenish yourself
10. Cooking: Add a few drops to chicken marinade for a delicious dinner
11. Hydration: Add 1-2 drops to a large GLASS or STAINLESS STEEL cup to reduce body acidity and refresh
12. Mucus drainage: Cold getting you clogged? Lemon essential oil can help you overcome that cold fast. It can aid lymphatic drainage, so mix it with carrier oil like EVOO or coconut oil and rub behind the ears and on your neck.
Important information: Lemon is photosensitive, so you will want to prevent having it on any exposed skin when going out into the sun. Additionally, lemon eats up petrochemicals and should only be placed in glass or stainless containers, as it will eat through plastic!
Now remember, not all oils are created equal. I can only speak for and the only oil company I recommend is Young Living. Please do not attempt to purchase this oil from a retail store. Most essential oils sold in stores is a completely different formula that is at best diluted and at worst adulterated. You can purchase any of these therapeutic grade oils from Young Living as a retail customer, but it is a much better value to purchase it as a wholesale member (24% less in fact)! This one is even included in the Young Living Essential Oils Premium Start Kit. For my story on getting started with oils, as well as more information on purchasing from Young Living, check this post out.
If you would like to sign up as a wholesale member or distributor under Ericka Soileau, visit YoungLiving.com, click on Sign Up and follow directions. Use # 2694668 as your enroller and sponsor # and/or contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. The information on this site is not intended or implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis or treatment. Please confirm any information obtained from or through this web site with other sources, and review all information regarding any medical condition or treatment with your physician. Never disregard professional medical advice or delay seeking medical treatment because of something you have read on this website. This information is not intended to diagnose, treat, or cure any disease.