Thursday, December 11, 2014
Well, I realize this is a cooking blog....
BUT...It is always nice to have beautiful ware to cook and serve in and entertain with!
So here's my new venture. I am now a consultant for Mary&Martha- your one stop shop for quality Christian home goods. http://www.mymaryandmartha.com/ERICKA/
Come on over and shop. Message me if you have questions. Pass along to friends and family!
1 Tbsp coconut oil
4 slices of bacon (optional)
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, peeled and diced
1-2 tsp sage
1 tsp thyme
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 medium butternut squash, peeled, seeded, diced
1 Granny Smith apple
2 cups chicken broth
1/c cup of coconut milk
Gorgonzola cheese (optional)
1. Heat oil and cook bacon to crispy. Remove from pot and set aside. Add onion and garlic, saute until translucent and soft, about 5 minutes.
2. Add seasonings and cook for 1 minute. Add squash, apple, broth, salt. Cover lid and bring to boil.
3. Return heat to medium and simmer for about 15 minutes, or until squash is fork tender.
4. Add coconut milk and combine. Transfer mixture to blender and puree until smooth, working in batches as needed.
5. Serve warm with crushed bacon and gorgonzola cheese on top if desired.
2 carrots, peeled, diced
4 garlic cloves, chopped fine
one small head cauliflower, roughly chopped
diced tomatoes in juices - equal to a 14 oz can
1 cup organic chicken stock
8 oz diced green chiles
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp paprika
salt and pepper to taste
1. Dice vegetables (carrots, garlic, onion). Heat oil and then add chopped veggies. Saute over medium for about 5-10 minutes or until onion is translucent.
2. Pulse cauliflower in food processor until at a rice-like consistency (may need to be done in batches)
3. Add remaining ingredients to pot. Stir to combine. Bring to boil and reduce heat to simmer for 10-15 minutes or until cauliflower is tender.