Thursday, December 19, 2013
1 medium spaghetti squash
4-6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts or thighs
1/2 lb broccoli, cooked
1. Preheat oven to 375. Cut squash in half lengthwise. Bake spaghetti squash on pan face up for 50 minutes. When done, set aside to cool.
2. Meanwhile, season chicken with salt and pepper to taste, pan fry on stove until cooked through.
3. Cook broccoli according to instructions.
4. Once squash is cool, scoop out innards. It will look like spaghetti. Top squash with 5 oz of chicken and 5 oz of broccoli on each plate. Serve and enjoy....so easy~~
Wednesday, December 18, 2013
4 6oz salmon filtes
1 fennel bulb, halved, cored, thinly sliced
2 lemons, 1 thinly sliced, 1 in wedges
salt and pepper to taste
1. Season salmon with salt and pepper to taste. Prepare a pot or wok with at least 3/4" water. In a steamer basket or bamboo steamer, layer fennel, salmon (skin down) and lemon. If using a bamboo steamer, be sure to line it with lettuce or parchment paper to prevent sticking.
2. Place steamer in pot, and carefully bring water to a boil. Steam, covered, for 8-10 minutes. Keep an eye on the water level!!
3. Serve with lemon wedge and garnish with fennel fronds
2 Tbsp lime
2 Tbsp rice vinegar
1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
2 Tbsp honey
2 Tbsp minced chives
1 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp garlic
1/4 tsp ground cayenne pepper
1/4 c olive oil
1 large salmon filet (2 1/2 to 3 lbs)
1 untreated cedar plank
1. Make sure to soak plank in water for about 2 hours.
2. Preheat oven to 325. Make dressing by combining all ingredients.
3. Place salmon on cedar plank, skin down, in baking pan. Pour about half of the dressing on salmon and brush evenly over flesh side.
3. Bake for 30-40 minutes, until it flakes with a fork. Serve with remaining dressing.
Friday, December 13, 2013
8 oz ziti pasta, cooked
1 Tbsp oil
3 cloves garlic minced
1 onion, chopped
1 package fresh mushrooms
1 zucchini, chopped
28 oz crushed tomatoes
1 can tomato paste
1/2 c water
salt, pepper to taste
1 Tbsp oregano
1 Tbsp basil
18 oz or so of ricotta cheese
2 cups grated fontina cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. Preheat oven to 350 deg. Grease 2 9x13 pans.
2. Heat oil in skillet over med, add onion, garlic and cook until soft. Add zucchini, mushrooms and cook until softened and liquid has boiled off. Remove from heat.
3. Add pasta, tomatoes, water, ricotta, salt, pepper, seasonings. Stir until combined.
4. Pour into baking dish. Top with cheese. Bake x 30 min. Sprinkle with parsley if desired. Enjoy :)
Wednesday, December 4, 2013
1 8 oz jar sun dried tomatoes in olive oil
5-6 cloves of garlic, minced
1 lb boneless, skinless chicken breast
salt and ground black pepper to taste
1 Tbsp oregano
feta cheese (optional)
1. Remove sun dried tomatoes from jar, draining oil, but reserving 1 Tbsp of it. Lay tomatoes on cutting board and press gently with paper towel to absorb some of the oil; discard towel. Finely chop tomatoes and set aside.
2. Pour reserved Tbsp of oil from tomato jar into skillet over med high heat. Add garlic and stir until fragrant, about 1 min.
3. Add chicken, sprinkle with salt, pepper, and oregano and sauté about 15 min, taking care to cook until there is no pink, but not allowing it to stick.
4. Add the chopped sun dried tomatoes and stir to combine, cooking until heated through, about 1 min.
5. Serve chicken and tomatoes topped with feta cheese if desired.
1 medium spaghetti squash
olive or coconut oil
1/2 red onion, chopped
1 jalapeño chili, seeded and minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
1 can black beans, organic, rinsed
3/4 c sweet corn, frozen or fresh
1 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp cilantro
1 lime, juice of
sea salt to taste
1. Roast squash in oven at 375 for 50 min. Cut in half and when cool, scoop flesh from squash halves.
2. Heat oil in pan and sauté onion, jalepeno, and red pepper. Add beans, corn and chili powder. Salt to taste. Saute a few more minutes.
3. Add cooked squash, cilantro, lime juice, and cook 1-2 min or until heated through.
2 Avocadoes, sliced
1-2 cups spinach leaves
12 slices cheese (I used Vermont Cheddar slices for those eating dairy and Daiya Mozzarella for those without)
Crumbled goat cheese (dairy free if available or another vegan version)
12 slices of bread
olive oil or other substitute for cooking
1. On one slice of bread, add 1 piece of cheese, sliced avocado, crumbled goat cheese, spinach and a second slice of cheese, then top it with the bread. Press together gently
2. Heat oil in frying pan over medium. Add sandwich to oil and cook until bread is golden brown. Press down and flip over to cook the other side.
*tastes spectacular with dill pickles if you are so inclined ;)