Monday, December 24, 2012
1 cup almond milk (or soy milk)
1 tsp apple cider vinegar
3 tbsp coconut oil (or canola, sunflower etc)
1 tbsp maple syrup
1/4 c sugar (for sugar free, replace with stevia)
1/4 c stevia
1 cup organic non-bleached flour
1/4 c whole wheat flour
1 tbsp cornstarch
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1/4 tsp salt
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/4 c chopped pecans (I put them in food processor)
1 cup dl frozen blueberries (keep them frozen, don’t thaw)
1/2 c pecans, roughly crushed
1 tbsp brown sugar
1 tbsp vegan butter
1. Preheat your oven to 350deg and line your muffins pan with paper liners.
2. In a big bowl stir together milk and vinegar to curdle the milk.
3. Melt the coconut oil if it’s not already liquid.
4. With a fork whisk in oil,stevia, syrup and sugar into the milk.
5. Sift together flour, cornstarch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt and stir into the milk mixture. Do now overwork, mix just enough to moisten all of the dry ingredients.
6.Add frozen blueberries and 1/4 c pecans and stir into the batter.
7. Pour the batter into the muffin liners.
8. Make topping by mixing butter, pecans, and brown sugar. Sprinkle pecans, brown sugar (and butter) on top of the batter.
9. Bake in the middle of the oven for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out mostly clean. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before removing from pan.